Pages

Recent Commission

I recently created a hand painted and printing piece as a commission to be hung in front on a large window in a house in Norfolk. After going to see the location I sketched using markers and sent it to Andy (the guy who was commissioning me) who sent it back to me with his favourite parts labeled.

This was a massive learning curve for me as it was the first time I have printed without the wonderful facilities of Norwich University of the Arts. I set myself up in the garage, it was all a bit make shift and my table was not quite long enough for the piece so I had to work on one area at a time. This may be why the design is make up of smaller elements than the lengths I have created before. In the end really enjoyed it. Each time I left it to dry I took photos so you can see it coming together!






When I went to drop the work off the two people who were buying it seemed really pleased and later sent me this photo of the work hanging up!





No comments:

Post a Comment